Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day Twist

I have a hard time on holidays they bring on a feeling of sadness for me.... So this year instead of feeling like I'm all alone and sailing my ship solo which is true I'm deciding to not focus on that. I wouldn't be a mum if I didn't have my four beautiful children I wouldn't be a mum if I didn't feel overwhelmed exhausted and not doing everything right, which is a universal feeling. Whether single, happily married or not. You don't have to have kids to be a mum, you don't have to birth kids to be a mum. It symbolizes love and compassion and an ability to carry on and care for.

Tomorrow will be " I'm blessed I have my kids to care for" day!!

Without my mum I wouldn't be able to work, I wouldn't have as many smiles as I do. Motherhood doesn't end at 18 and I'm grateful at 30 that my mum still has my best interests at heart.

I'm happy my kids are sleeping in the living room while I type. I'm blessed Rylie stayed up till 917 painting me a gift . That Oliver is the best farter. That Ty spilled his beans and told me what he made me and that Olivia is wrapping her prized rocks for me.

I'm one lucky woman... I have amazing neighbours who moved in on the same day 5 years ago our kids are so close, they roam from house to house all day. I have family that love my kids as their own. I have the most amazing kids who call me mum! And yell it too lol

Ty: you are so amazing you run like lightning and you have a gift I can't wait to see you grow in your talents.
Rylie : you are my flower, determined delicate and beautiful, I look up to you.
Oliver: you are the humour in our lives you bring sunshine and laughter.
Olivia: you show me love and kindness. You are independent and gentle.















1 comments:

ColleenDown said...

You really need to get some "followers" out there--you are the ultimate single mommy blogger! I love looking at pictures of your kids-they are magazine worthy. Happy Mother's Day--whoops Happy "You are Just So Cool Day!"