Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day 2011

I don't know if it was the 1500 milligrams of penicillin or the fact that I just closed the door on a 10 yr chapter of my life or if the emotional-ness of being a mum just got to me or if starting a new job tomorrow has hit me ....but.... today was an emotional roller coaster! Strep throat, fully booked at the salon, not being able to spend mothers day with the little ones that made me a mother, tendinitis in my shoulder flaring up with a dash of monthly mother nature and BAM! Tears...
I love my kids and I cant believe that Ty made me a mum nearly 7 years ago and then 12 months later Rylie and 2 years later Noni and Livie:)
Today was bittersweet I was offered s job while I am in nursing school as a Psychiatric Mental Health Assistant and it starts tomorrow! It is a great opportunity for me and pays WAY more than doing hair so it was a no brainer, but I am going to miss my co workers and clients so much. In an ideal world I would be able to stay home with my kids and finish school but since Todd still cant work I have to work as well so I need to make more moola and be away less, and this job will give me that opportunity.
I am grateful that Ty is proud of me for going back to school and he thinks its cool he will grad from Grade 2 when I grad from nursing school. I am happy Rylie is in her own world and loves making daisy chains and custom artwork for Carissa:) ( I miss working with you already)... I smile when I think of how Noni is obsessed with green and how teeny tiny Livies bum looks in leggings. I love that my kids are forgiving and loyal, that each day they give me the opportunity to be their mum and love them!
FYI- strep throat is awful and it makes your tongue turn green.... eww totally gross, I hope this bug never enters my body again, when the Dr looked in my mouth he said "it looks like when you sour cream is four weeks past its date!'' I dont know why I felt like sharing that but I did :)

2 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Oh Chels--so many mother's day memories-I guess that is why we just keep having them over and over-some are great, some not so great, I really think that perhaps it is a holiday, like armistice day, that may need to fade into oblivion. Congrats on the new job-what a great opportunity. I think that the fact that you blog after a day as full as yours is amazing. All you have to do is look at the faces of your kids to know somehow all the crap is worth it!!

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Congratulations on the new job! That's excellent!