Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Friday, May 27, 2011

Hats

HATS! Currently I am sporting a few different hats, they can be a tad heavy and sometimes overwhelming but eventually my goals will be accomplished and hat juggling shall be put to rest. None of which are as hidious as Princess Beatrices :)

Hat 1: I got a phone call today from the charge nurse on the IPU (in patient psychiatric unit) offering me one of three coveted ESN(employed student nurse) positions!!! I said Yes!

Hat 2: I am a Psychiatric Mental Health Assistant on the IPU! Love it I get to entertain and support the patients in the IPU.

Hat 3: I am 11 months away from being a Registered Psychiatric Nurse and this entails more school work than I ever could have imagined.

Hat 4: I am doing my clinical on the Med/Surg floor which terrifies and excites me each day.

Hat 5: I have temporarily retired this hat of hairdresser as I only have 7 days in my week :( Except of course for my children who shall always have coiffed hair!

Hat 6: I am a mother to the most awesome kids, this of course is my favourite hat! They make the above 5 worth all the sleepless nights and night shifts(which by the way are not so fun to recover from).

Hat 7: I am a wife to a wonderful man!

I am looking forward to the future and I am blessed to have the opportunities to be employed with awesome nursing jobs while in school and I cannot wait to be done essays, calculations and post conferences!!!

I was thinking of taking pics in all my different roles, but alas I cannot find my camera and so you will have to imagine :) As a hint they typically involve scrubs, minimal makeup, nursing clogs and pics of my kids in my pocket.

3 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

So many hats would make me a mad hatter, but you seem to pull it off as graceful as princess Kate.
Congrats on the new job. I know you will go far in this occupation with you great people skills, empathy, and sense of humor.
Keep up the good work.

ColleenDown said...

This post reminds me of a book our teachers used to read to us when I was little called "Caps for Sale"--this man walks around town with all these hats piled high on his head--I see you walking around, head held high, back erect somehow balancing it all..and when you don't oh well, you can't be "perfect" and be a psyche nurse...we all have to embrace our crazy side sometimes too. It never ceases to amaze that you do all this and blog too!! I love it!

Caps for Sale

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Yay! I'm so excited you were called and offered the job! That's so exciting and I'm sure a bit of a relief. I'm so happy for you!