Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Friday, July 19, 2013

Short tall or just a measurement of space

Over the years I've heard the following from strangers : 


He's your oldest but he's soooo short! 
To which I reply: he may not be tall but he's not an idiot and comments like that are pathetic! He standing right here! 
To which I wanted to say : but you're ignorant and that's just a shame. 

You should put him on steroids! ( lady at grocery store ) 
why so he can be tall and dumb like you? 

Ty has had a few kids at school say things like: he must have a disease he's so short. To which I marched into the principles office. 

Seriously height is a measurement of what? How close you are to the dirt verses the sky? Does it make you more intelligent? NO does it make u kind? NO

Over the past three years Ty has had every test run ( because I wanted up make sure there was nothing going on that I wasn't aware of). Yesterday at his paediatricians this was the conversation:

Dr. Menard: Chelsea do you remember where and when Ty had the hand x ray and sweat test? 
Chelsea: no lol
Ty: I do it was at the hospital they also drew my blood and the X-ray was at Madrona x ray! 
Chelsea: good memory Ty!!
Dr. Menard: Ty I'm happy to report you grew an extra 2 centimetres last year and your growing at the same rate as the taller kids you're just more condensed!
TY: pulled a total Tom cruise jumped on his chair shook the doctors hand and said " sweeeeeet!" 

As much as he handles the comments and replies " ya but my brains bigger" I know he secretly doesn't want the twins to creep past him in the height department. Seeing how happy he was over 2 centimetres puts things in perspective. 12 gruelling months to grow 2 little centimetres and he was thrilled!  

Love u munchkin! 

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh boy, can my Isaac relate to this post. I wish we were closer. I bet they would be best buds with those big brains and size 5 pants

Unknown said...

A Nice Article In All Manners. Please Visit here -Caring Our Health