Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Friday, November 23, 2012

Alberta Bound

Books were read, I'm on a historical kick right now so the trip started off with some Soviet Union reads and ended with Abraham Lincoln.
The snow was ever present and to my surprise I loved it! It made me aware of how much I hate the Island rain rain and more rain and the non existent sun:( at least in the prairies the sun is shining despite the -25 weather.
The plane ride was far too turbulent for my stomach and I've been on a lot of planes in my days, good thing it was over in 1 hr 32 minutes.
Miss Sophie Mia and I bonded! Shocking I know as I'm not a dog person at all. She was such a sweety and I actually miss her.
Much to my surprise my rain coat didn't cut the -20 weather and I was treated to a Mountain Equipment Coop shopping day! Toque mittens and the warmest coat :)
The digs were pretty snazzy too! Very relaxing and peaceful.
I found the medicine ball in my dads basement while Sophie and I were watching TV. It is one of my fondest childhood memories of him it was always in his office:) it brought great memories and smiles.

Back home is bitter sweet, so happy to be with my kids and sad to leave my family. A spring road trip with the munchkins is in the works !!!

0 comments: