Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Lots of Spills and Sunshine

Friday, March 22, 2013

Ginger roots and matcha

We had a great adventure packed two days in Vancouver! Throw in a night of luxury and we were thrilled. It felt great to get away and leave the rock we call home, with that said we were so happy to set sail and come home.
I had a huge pilgrimage on my hands with four kids in a big city. I realized I'm terrified of driving over bridges even though getting lost had us driving over lots. My kids went mad with me driving I'm circles past Helmcken Street! Ty said " mum if you drive past Helmcken one more time I'm pulling the car over and driving!"

It reminded me of Paris and my dad driving in a roundabout for 45 minutes cursing in Afrikaans ! I cursed up a storm and am grateful I live on an island :)

When we pulled up to the Sheraton and the valet took out car Oliver asked him not to steal it. Rylie walked into our suite and nearly peed her pants! Which was nothing compared to the look on their faces when the room service came in on wheels with a nice man dressed to the hills. We ate spaghetti n meatballs like kings looking out out window at the city that never sleeps from 14 stories high.
We had a visit from a dear friend and the kids were tucked into duvet heaven.

Science world was experienced as was the Asian market which I was so happy about, showing the kids the treats I used to save my pocket money to buy in Hong Kong. Then the pictures came ... Over a handful of sweet Asian tourists came up to take their pictures and rub their blonde hair , it was hilarious once they knew their pictures were being taken they all posed!

A cop rolled his window down as we walked across the crosswalk and yelled " they all yours? Good on ya!" We drew a lot of attention and the kids loved it.

Granville island was a blast as was walking in Kitsilano and walking Robson next time China town here we come!!

Rylie is my emotionally insightful child she wanted to know why people pushed shopping carts and slept in doorways, she wanted to know about China's one child policy about why the city with " so much money has people sleeping on the cold ground".

Ty felt like the older wiser one walking around with his hands in his pockets spelling out signs for Oliver. Olivia and Rylie decided they are saving up and moving to Vancouver so they can get a puppy and walk the streets! Ty and Oliver decided to keep living with me through university.























2 comments:

Heather said...

What fun to take a luxurious vacation.

jessica&john.com said...

What a fun family vacation and adventure. I loved looking at these!